Monday, September 13, 2010

Tennessee Williams

I watched a Tennessee Williams play made into a movie on Saturday, and I can't stop thinking about it. The (almost) entire story took place in one house, with 5 main characters - and there was almost no action.
But the story was so amazing! It was about relationships: Husband-wife, Father-son, Brother-brother, Sister-in-law-sister-in-law. And by the end I knew all the characters so well. That's what I love about his plays - You ALWAYS know the characters intimately by the end.
It even had a bitter-sweet ending, and they're my favourites!
Btw the only other Tennessee Williams play I've seen was 'A Streetcar Named Desire' and that didn't end very well.
Oh god I forgot to mention what it's called: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment